Sunday, October 7, 2012

Adventure

Adventure. I've decided that's what I need more of in my life. When I mentioned this to my mom, her response? "oh, you are your mother's daughter". Lol, so, I guess I come by it very naturally.

So, how do you find adventure in a small town raising 3 kids, and on a shoestring budget? 


I'm throwing around ideas.  There are many things I would love to do, there are many things I think I may do someday.  For example, at some point I would like to do an overseas teacher exchange in Japan.  Why Japan?  I really don't know, except that I have a high school friend who is there now, and he is having a blast.  So, someday, maybe.  I want to go skydiving, and that may happen in the spring.

But now.  What am I going to do now to keep adventure in my life?  I had a thought.  My new passion is running.  I have enjoyed the new exercise that is making me healthier, both physically and mentally.  I also think it is improving a friendship that has been going since high school...as I love having a new activity she and I can do that is cheaper than shopping and movies! 


Sooooo, What if I tried to do a 5K in every state?  I can already check off Iowa and Missouri.  I think the surrounding states should be easy (ish).  I have no time line on this challenge.  By the time I'm 40, sounds great, but I really don't think it's doable.  So, it's not a goal that would fall under any SMART guidelines, but I think it's exciting to have something in mind.



Now I have to figure out how to track this goal.  Any ideas?

Also, any other ideas for staying adventurous?  I need something that I can do more often than once every few months....

Thanks to anyone who is still following me!  



Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....Just found this pin on Pinterest.   Credit to http://www.valeriewoerner.com/blog/ for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment