Sunday, February 16, 2014

here we go again!!

Once again, I've let my "winter" weight creep back on, leaving me unprepared for the upcoming shorts and tee shirt season. Who am I kidding? I'm not fitting in my fat jeans these days!  Winter is so hard for me...emotionally and therefore physically. Although this year the emotional hasn't hit as early as some years, it is now here and I'm fully in depression mood. Ugh.

I know from previous experience the best thing I can do for myself (and therefore my kids and everyone around me) is to get into a regular exercise routine. So if I know this, why the heck is it so hard to "just do it"? I quite honestly have no time excuses this year. We've hit a bit of a lull in activities, with Rachel out of dance, soccer not started, Andrews quiz bowl hasn't hit full steam yet, and tennis hasn't begun  This is the perfect time to get moving.

So.  Here I go.  The first step is to know how far I have to go. I can not remember the last time I weighed myself, so I know that won't be a pretty number. Can you say avoidance?  I do have some goals outside weight, though. The first is to start making menus each week AND following them. At this point, I don't really even care how healthy they are...I just need to include a veggie. and eat less candy. And drink more water. Oh, and the all important...exercise! I almost forgot to include that one! I think it's fair to say I'll get to the Y 3 times a week, or if it's above 30, get outside and run. I really enjoy being able to run with Jenn when we see each other, so I need to get back onto the couch to 5k bandwagon. I went to the Y today, but it was packed, so I rode a stationary bike instead of running. But at least I went.

Here is my menu for the next two weeks. I doubt I will do each day on the day it says, but I have bought all the ingredients for all the meals, so I have no excuses!!

Yesterday: chicken pot pie (very good...leftovers in the fridge and freezer)  http://parade.condenast.com/169831/donnaelick/one-skillet-chicken-pot-pie-in-just-30-minutes/

Sunday: Pizza (I know, I know, but I'm a little Shelton like with my Sunday pizza!)

Monday: Flank steak (From my cousin Kristin: The key is to pound it out really good. I salt it, then spread fresh, ground garlic, I mix panko bread crumbs with balsamic vinegar and spread that down. Toasted pine nuts, roasted red peppers, feta cheese and tons of fresh spinach. Roll, top with olive oil, salt and pepper, and skewer it. It is really, really good and makes a lot. It is good on a salad the next day.)

Tuesday: Sloppy Joes

Wednesday: church

Thursday: pork roast in the crock pot

Friday: leftovers

Saturday and Sunday: Cedar Falls

Monday: tacos

Tuesday: Carne asana

Wednesday: church

Thursday: chicken and dumplings

Friday: refrigerator buffet (I just heard this the other day...love it! Leftovers)


So there ya go. I have a plan. Let's see if I can stick to it. 2 weeks. I can do anything for two weeks, right?

And I apologize for my typing errors....I'm typing on my new Kindle, and I don't have Swype completely figured out yet!

I'll keep you updated on my progresses and failures!! Oh, and for the record.....I think my scale is broken at 184 :(  my goal is 145. I've got a ways to go!!!


And here is my Happy Song for this challenge! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

1 comment: