Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 6...Challenge #2

Saturday.  Woke up with a killer headache.  I think a walk would help, but I just can't motivate myself to get out there!
For breakfast, I made myself a pumpkin latte, and made pumpkin crepes for myself and the kids.  The recipe came from skinnytaste.com.  It was 6 points well worth eating!!  :)

I'm currently snacking on more of those veggie straws.  Seriously check them out if you get a chance!!  They are sooooo non healthy tasting!  :)  And 3 points for 38 straws.  YUMMO.  And we got a huge care package today from my ex-MIL full of chips and goldfish crackers, and cookies and instant oatmeal (haha, my poor deprived kids thought it was early Christmas...I NEVER buy stuff like that!!!  Jessy said over and over, "I LOVE CARE PACKAGES!!!"  Note to self....remember that when she goes to college!!!)  So, I'm glad I bought these straws rather than the junk in the box.  Maybe it will keep me out of them!

Ok, I have papers to grade, and papers to write, so I'm going to go for now.  Hopefully dinner plans are on for tonight, although I'm kind of doubting it. 

I'll let you know if I get my walking in tonight!


PART 2:
The rest of the day went well.  I ate granola bar mid afternoon, after I had gone for walk with my daughter.  When we walk the "school loop", it is about 1.8 miles...so we did it twice.  The second time around, Rachel was tired and done, so she went to the park that is across the street while I finished.  Honestly, it did make my head feel so much better to get out there in the beautiful fresh fall air.

For dinner, I went out, and ate what I thought was pretty sensible.  I shared a sushi roll, so that's only 3 points.  Then we were at a Mongonlian grill, so I tried to fill my bowl with veggies.  I also had the noodles (and I don't know what they are really called, so I couldn't find a points value.  If they are just Chinese noodles, they are a LOT of points).  And on top I put several meats...pork, crab, beef, and chicken, along with an egg.  Not a lot of each, but  some.  Then I used garlic oil and mongolian sauce.  It was a HUGE plate of food, but I left at least 1/4 of it on the plate.  I ate all the veggies, though!  :)  I had water to drink, so at least that helped the points of the meal. 

We went to a movie after dinner, and I didn't get any popcorn or soda...and I didn't die!!!  I kinda always thought popcorn and movies had to go together, and it may have made me more alert, but it really wasn't too bad. 

So, that was my Saturday.  Off to start my Sunday tracking!

~Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment