Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday, Day 7, Challenge #2

Ahhhh Sunday.  How nice Sundays are.  I'm so glad they come once a week.  :)

Today started off with church and coffee, my usual breakfast.  I haven't had my walk in yet, but I'm going to try to get that in tonight.  I've really started to like walking/running in the morning because then I have it out of the way, and I really feel like it keeps me more alert through my long days.  But some days, it just doesn't work to get it in in the mornings.

Now I'm making the kids Spaghetti for lunch, but I think I may just have cauliflower with marinara sauce.  Sounds healthier, anyway, and then I might allow myself a piece of garlic toast.  Again, this is an option I NEVER would have thought of before this challenge.  Really, I don't need those noodles (even if I did mix in some whole wheat ones for the kids), and it's the sauce (and BREAD) I really like anyway.  Why not try it on something new?

This afternoon, I am going to Trick or Trunk at church, and have to bring a dessert.  I'm thinking I'm going to make the chocolate cake I have in the cupboard with whipped cream for a topping and then sprinkles.  I think there is a way to do the cake with applesauce too, so I'm going to try that.

OK, off to write reflections.  And eat lunch.  OH---good news.  My paper is completely finished, submitted, and accepted.  I'm just waiting on a grade.  Woot!  I'm one step closer!!!

For now~~~
~Missy

Update:  I'm trying to figure out how to link my runs to my blog.  Please be patient!  Let me know if you can or cannot see these, please...Running Activity 3.36 mi | RunKeeper

OK, for dinner, I ended up bringing a pumpkin cake recipe I found on skinnytaste.  Can you tell what my favorite new website is??  I was looking for a way to substitute applesauce in my devils food, and found a way to sub pumpkin in my vanilla cake.  Perfect for today!!  It was a soup dinner, so I had a very healthy looking southwestern chicken, a bunch of fresh veggies, and a cream cheese brownie.  I also had about half a pumpkin bar, but counted it as a whole b/c of all the batter I "taste tested"  What?  I had to make sure it was okay, being a new recipe and all....  ;)

I stayed in my points, so good day!  :)

Now.  Those reflections aren't going to write themselves, you know....

1 comment:

  1. I love Skinny Taste!

    You're doing great!

    Cori

    ReplyDelete